The latest podcast, “You can pick your friends, you can pick your OS, but you can’t pick your friends OS”, is up. While we are busy dodging lawsuits for defamation from our comments, you should go download and listen in.
The show notes:
- Jamie confesses his lack of authority on the topics we discuss (and disdain of Deski)
- Reportapalooza in flight, User Conference on the Horizon, and new BOBJ deployment options on deck
- The DSLayer Conference Party is on Greg
- BOBJ on Windows
- A good point, InfoView on Tomcat + Linux really does rock
- We ask, who is the best admin, Windows vs. *nix?
- Windows needs a lot of lot of reboots
- Do memory limits hurt Windows?
- What is more cost effective?
- We love you, admins
- Future cool server stuff in the pipeline coming from SAP
An update from Greg…the proof is in the pudding…a BOBJ server that has been up for 3.5 years:
11:23am up 1304 day(s), 3:04, 2 users, load average: 1.38, 1.36, 1.41
Having trouble finding the podcast? Grab our XML at http://podcast.evtechpartners.com/podcast.xml and subscribe through your favorite reader.
Play it now:
Episode 1 – The Good, the Bad, and the Deski
The Diversified Semantic Layer team is introduced (sorry we missed you Chris). This is our first swag at a podcast, so be gentle. It’s really one of those things where on listening again, you realize all the things you totally forgot to say.
You can get the podcast by subscribing to our RSS at http://podcast.evtechpartners.com/podcast.xml, or check iTunes REALLY soon…or…get “The Good, the Bad, and the Deski“.
Big plug for the Reportapalooza event (I dare you to say that five times really fast). Don’t miss out on all the cool events coming up as we try and stump the experts.
The topics for today’s podcast:
- XI 4 Beta really doesn’t have Desktop Intelligence
- Big reasons people are still using Desktop Intelligence
- Reasons why Crystal Reports isn’t really a good transition for super users
- Web Intelligence…what is missing/what do we expect next?
We mentioned bursting and Web Intelligence. Yes, we can absolutely burst Web Intelligence today with both Publications and the “Schedule For” option via the CMC. We just didn’t get back to it.
We mentioned a prior blog article on scheduling replacement code for all those VBA macros on the EV Technologies blog.
Play it now:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download