Jamie, Derek, Eric, and some guy named Mike regroup now that the dust has settled a little bit to talk about the impact that the SAP Analytics State of Direction has on them as customers.
Blair Wheadon joins Clint and Jamie to dive in on an “it might take two commutes to listen to it” episode all about the big Statement of Direction on the future of SAP Analytics.
Jamie and Clint are joined by Steve Morris of Eventful Conferences to discuss the upcoming ASUG Business Intelligence & Analytics Conference (formerly SABOC, formerly SBOUC). An Eventful conference is a little different than the old SABOC (and any other SAP Analytics conferences) and we talked about what is different and why. We also got to watch Steve melt as we cornered him into talking on a bright California afternoon whilst waiting to pick up a kid.
Diversified Semantic Layer host Eric Vallo catches up with Explorer enthusiast (and DSL panelist) Dallas Marks and two Explorer customers, Jamie Oswald and Dave Rathbun. While glimpses of Explorer functionality are showing up in SAP Design Studio, SAP Lumira, and even SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, it doesn’t yet have a complete replacement or a migration path.
Join us for a candid conversation about the past, present, and future of SAP BusinessObjects Explorer.
- How and when will Explorer functionality migrate to Lumira? Dallas’ unanswered question on the SAP Community Network (SCN).
- The Road Unexplored: A Future for SAP BusinessObjects Explorer by Dallas Marks
- The Road Unexplored: Alternatives to SAP BusinessObjects Explorer by Dallas Marks
No. STEVE LUCAS!
In between kitten cuddles, a part time job at The GAP, and sending questionable Snapchat pics to Jaime, Steve Lucas was kind enough to take a few minutes out of his hiatus to talk about life after SAP, the road ahead, and Troy Aikman’s giant hands. We don’t know precisely where he’s going, but we can only hope it really will be in our back yard still. Thanks for everything, Steve.
They got to speak about the latest convergence of all the SAP Analytics tools under the SAP BusinessObjects banner as well as other new and exciting news.
Links from the podcast:
- Steve Lucas blog, Modern Analytics for the Digital Age, on the thoughts behind the renaming of SAP Cloud for Analytics (C4A) to SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- Blair Wheadon on the convergence on SAP Lumira and SAP Design Studio
- Dallas on the State of the SAP BI 4.2 Upgrade, post Sapphire